Thursday 29 April 2010

Night Rider(s)

So, April proved to be a pretty epic month ride-wise. Me and Jason Rosson decided to see it out with a bit of night riding. I bought a nice Exposure Lights Diablo light last year and never used it. I thought it about time I cracked it out of its blister pack, strap it to my head and make haste to Camp Tamarancho.

I haven't done night riding since me and the Aardman fellas used to spend cold, muddy nights together riding Ashton Court. I'd forgotten how unnerving the forced tunnel vision is, or how ruts and rocks can suddenly come out of nowhere. Its also the first time this year that I've braved Tamarancho. Either I'd forgotten just how technical and challenging that place is, or the winter has not been kind and made it extra specially rutted and tricky. Either way, I made my way round like a freshly squeezed out bambi deer, desperately trying to stay upright.

I'll definitely make the night ride a part of my weekly routine. We have the Tamarancho Dirt Classic coming up soon. I can't think of a better way to sharpen my Tamarancho kung fu than by squinting my way around it with a couple of torch lights for company.

No comments:

Post a Comment