Tuesday 21 June 2011

Wisdom

Details of the Annadel XC race have gone up and I'm pissed. It looks like a perfect day out filled with everything that's good about mountain biking at my favourite haunt. But my feckin' wisdom teeth have thrown a spanner in the cogs so now I can't play. Sucks. Speaking of wisdom, a wise old soul once said "Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living." I was reminded of this tonight as I nursed a fresh gouge on my shin. I'd been out practicing manuals. It's really hard. Way harder than it looks. Catching that perfect balancing point is like chasing a sneeze. Except it can end in a quick flip, arse over man tit, and some minor blood spillage. Still, getting back up and trying again is the important bit. That's the "living" the wise man is talking about. Another wise man probably once said "34 year old grown-ass blokes shouldn't be messing around trying to pull wheelies on bikes." True. It does look feckin' cool when you pull it off though ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment