Sunday 15 December 2013

Gert Lush!


It's that time of year again when I make the pilgrimage to the mothership and dust off the Rose hardtail for some cold, soggy shredding. This year, same as last, saw me Jim and Mikey hitting the trail system at Ashton Court and Leigh Woods in Bristol. Purpose built, twisty and flowey, what the trails lack in elevation gain and descent they make up for in bermed corners and nice techy features. We also went off piste and explored a few steep and loose trails that the local downhill kids had carved through the trees. All good stuff.


Ahead of this year's fun Xmas ride I fitted the Rose with chunkier tires and some sweet Race Face riser bars. Nothing crazy wide, but definitely on the wrong side of XC. My annual shred on the Rose makes me appreciate the simple joys of riding a hardtail 26er. The new upgrades definitely made an already sweet ride even more responsive and aggressive. Awesome stuff.


I do love this Christmas ride tradition. We're whittled down to the hardcore now, but we've still kept it going for 6 years. Hard to believe I've been stateside for so long. I am looking forward to heading back across the pond and enjoying another year in the dirt and sun.... But one thing is for sure, I'll be happy to dust off the Rose and head to Briz' once next year draws to a close. Cheers then!

No comments:

Post a Comment