Monday 2 January 2012

New Year Revolutions

Started my third year of Californian riding adventures with a couple of gut busting rides around cherished local haunts. A jetlag induced sleep coma put paid to any plans I had for alcohol fueled NYE revelry. So, having escaped a hangover, I met up with Aaron for a spin around China Camp. I couldn't escape the effects of my three week Chrimbo binge though. Jeezus it was tough. Mind you, we did do a much longer ride than normal. The lack of funding has left China' ranger lite, so the "secret" trails are becoming more apparent as bold folk start to more obviously branch them from existing routes. We checked some of them out, adding a good few miles of nail bitingly narrow descents (so narrow I feckin walked more than rode) and some fun, steep swoopy stuff.


Holiday Monday and my fat kid at the back status was established once again (clearly evident in the Strava shizzle over on the right there.) Me, Aaron (stoked to have taken delivery of a lush new carbon Stumpy so is riding everyday like a grinning fool) and Zach met up for an extended Rancho loop. Riding from Greenbrae to five corners on Tam, we then descended to Deer Park onto the usual Rancho loop. I suffered the whole ride with shattered, abused quads and a few extra pounds of xmas sludge hanging around my middle. But we had a great ride. The first of many for, what will hopefully be, another awesome year of NorCal shredding!

No comments:

Post a Comment