Tuesday 6 September 2016

North Stars


This right here, this mess of crazy fools - this is what a great day looks like! Heading up the mountainside on a chair lift, ready for another fast, loose and dusty run back down on our two-wheeled steeds. The first (and likely only) visit to Northstar this season was a full on day of shred that contained more than its fair share of punctures, mechanicals, spills and - most importantly - grins!

I haven't ridden the Glory since last season so it felt good to throw a leg over and wake up the shiny beast. We spent the whole day laying down runs and I couldn't keep from smiling. A little rusty since our Whistler trip, but extremely grateful to be riding awesome trails (especially after the dull confusion I experienced at Mammoth.) The bike and I both felt pretty good and even though the trails were made more technical than usual by some decent dust levels, I experienced a satisfying amount of flow.


I didn't conquer any new features, and I took a punishing spill on Boondocks which messed up my mojo for a while, but we left Northstar feeling like we'd left the best ourselves (and in my case, some elbow skin) out on the trails. This season has definitely lacked quantity (of riding) but I feel the quality has been enough to keep me feeling good about my progress and motivated to keep at it and ride hard next year. Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment